Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wow What A Week!

It's hard to believe it's been over 1 week since we were sitting in the pediatrician's office for their last late appointment of the evening! We were quarantined in our home for about 5 days straight - and let me tell you - with a 1 year old that is a hard thing to do!! Thankfully (Glory to God) AK's RSV symptoms quickly dissipated after a few days of a propped up mattress and a constant flow of humidified air in her bedroom. The antibiotic went to work quickly as well - obviously causing her double ear infection to clear right up. I've had a happy baby since Sunday afternoon. I however picked up every symptom of the RSV and unfortunately for me it has not cleard up as quickly as my sweet baby girl's did. Thats ok though, I never got the nasty painful sounding cough that she had - I'll take a runny nose over that any day. We stayed home Monday for good measure, not wanting anyone at work or her school to get what we had just battled.

When I got back to work there had been some major changes for my job take place. Don't worry this was no surprise to me, in fact I had been waiting for these changes to take place, I just didn't realize how fast it would happen when the time came. It certainly didn't help that I had been with a sick baby and now sick myself, or that I missed a Monday! You are probably wondering what these changes are that I am referring to...well I have been "reassigned" as I like to call it. I am now in the transitioning process of moving from working in the music department at the church to working in the "business office" of the church. I am looking forward to the change and am excited about what the Lord has in store for me at work. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the Praise Band and music ministers of our church for the past 2 years. I am still doing some of the media prep work for now, but eventually in the near future I will also be letting that go. This is a bitter sweet goodbye for me, but it is time for me to move forward with what the Lord wants me to do.

This week has also brought me some wonderful opportunities of one on one mommy daughter time. In fact we even went on a couple of dates this week. Matt is working hard this week and working late - more on this later...
I am glad my munchkin is better and we have been able to have fun memory making week! The next 3 weeks are going to be busy busy busy. Lots of fun things coming up!
Hillsong United in concert in Birmingham! Shopping trip to Ikea in Atlanta for new furniture! Wedding stuff for my sister in law the next two weekends! I'm looking forward to all the excitement.OMG I forgot to mention the best part of all - MY BIRTHDAY! HAHA!!
 Somewhere in the middle of all that is AK's spring break so I will get a few days of down time with her in the midst of the busy busy schedule - as usual, sleeping beauty has arisen from her nap and I must leave my ramblings until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment